PLANNING A STRATEGIC MERGER TO ENABLE SYNERGIES AND / OR BUSINESS GROWTH
Amongst the various possible strategic movements involving a Company, the eventual merger with one of its competitors is, by far, one of the highest potential in terms of value creation, either by enabling operational and financial synergies, or by enabling growth. However, at the same time, it is also one that brings the highest levels of business risk.
The higher the similarity between them (Companies), the greater the earning potential and the higher the risk levels.
And this is evidenced by the statistics, since historical data on M&A transactions shows that about 70% of the acquisitions (or mergers) do not generate the projected value, either because of (a) Company overvaluation, (b) a poor pre-transaction due diligence, (c) failures in the integration process of the acquired Company, or even, (d) because a mistake in the choice of the Company recently bought. Or several of them together!
Therefore, the process of merging two companies must be conducted in a very careful and responsible manner so that the strategic objectives that motivated the decision for that acquisition and the business plans that support it effectively generate the expected results.
In this context, IN.business acts as a strategic advisor for its Clients, conducting the entire process, from the transaction structuring to its effective concretization, according to its “full advisory services” methodology:
- mapping and evaluation of the target Companies for an eventual acquisition
- assessment and recommendation on the targeted Companies’ risks and opportunities
- calculation of the Company’s projected market value (Enterprise & Equity Valuation)
- modeling the strategic, financial, legal and ownership structure of the transaction
- conduct all negotiations until the effective closing of the transaction
- coordinate all required Due Diligences (financial, legal, operational, etc.)
- coordinate preparation of contracts (buying and selling, shareholder agreement, etc.)
- permanent support and guidance during all stages of the process
note: IN.business advises on transactions whose value is, at least, US$ 10 million and involving Companies in any market segment and at any stage in their lifecycles: from Startups to Consolidated Companies.
Complementing its advisory services in M&A transactions, IN.business also provides consulting and restructuring services around those transactions. See our complete portfolio of services for additional information.
Therefore, if you are evaluating the possibility of merging your company with a direct competitor (or another type of Company) in Brazil, please contact us. We will be very glad to present you our methodology and show how IN.business can effectively help you and your partners in subject of such importance. It will be a great pleasure!