PLANNING TO ENTER IN BRAZIL VIA ACQUISITION OR PARTNERSHIP (JOINT VENTURE)
Regardless the “ups and downs”, normal in any developing country, the Brazilian economy may present, Brazil will always be one of the top-ten countries in the world. Either in territorial extension, in population size or in GDP value.
Therefore, any company that plays in a global scope must be present and active in the Brazilian market.
However, this is not a simple task because, despite its socioeconomic potential, Brazil, with its excessive bureaucracy and its complex legal and tax framework, remains one of the worst countries to do business with, making it very hard for foreign companies to establish a solid operation in Brazil.
One of the alternatives to accelerate and mitigate the risks when entering into the Brazilian market is through the acquisition of a Company already established and operating in Brazil (whether a Brazilian or foreign one) or even through a strategic Joint Venture (JV) with a local player, for a possible full acquisition in the future.
In this context, IN.business acts as a strategic advisor for its Clients, conducting the entire process, from the transaction structuring to its effective concretization, according to its “full advisory services” methodology:
- mapping and evaluation of the target Companies for an eventual acquisition
- assessment and recommendation on the targeted Companies’ risks and opportunities
- calculation of the Company’s projected market value (Enterprise & Equity Valuation)
- modeling the strategic, financial, legal and ownership structure of the transaction
- conduct all negotiations until the effective closing of the transaction
- coordinate all required Due Diligences (financial, legal, operational, etc.)
- coordinate preparation of contracts (buying and selling, shareholder agreement, etc.)
- permanent support and guidance during all stages of the process
note: IN.business advises on transactions whose value is, at least, US$ 10 million and involving Companies in any market segment and at any stage in their lifecycles: from Startups to Consolidated Companies.
Complementing its advisory services in M&A transactions, IN.business also provides consulting and restructuring services around those transactions. See our complete portfolio of services for additional information
Therefore, if you are evaluating the possibility of entering in the promising Brazilian market through a strategic acquisition or joint venture, please contact us. We will be very glad to present you our methodology and show how IN.business can effectively help you and your partners in subject of such importance. It will be a great pleasure!